Monday, August 17, 2009

Strawberry Pretzel Salad

After a long day, and given the late hour of my dinner tonight, I had to have dinner and dessert. And all I can say about this dessert is... Oh My Gosh! Amazing and perfect for summer!!

Strawberry and Pretzel Salad
12 servings

2 cups crushed pretzels
3/4 cup butter substitute, melted (I used I can't believe it's not butter sticks)
3 tbsp sugar substitute (I use Splenda)

1-8 oz pkg low-fat cream cheese
1 cup sugar substitute
18 oz container Cool Whip Light (I used Fat-free)
2-3 oz packages no sugar strawberry flavored gelatin
2 cups boiling water
2-10 oz packages frozen strawberries

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Stir together crushed pretzels, 3 tbsp sugar substitute, and melted butter and mix well. Press into bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Bake 8-10 minutes. Set aside to cool.

Cream together cream cheese and 1 cup sugar substitute. Fold in whipped topping. Spread mixture onto cooled crust.

Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in frozen strawberries and allow to set briefly. When mixture is about the consistency of egg whites, pour and spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until set.



No comments:

Post a Comment