Thursday, August 13, 2009

Potato Cheese Omelet

I have been on the Body for Life program before. (I will admit I did not follow it completely, which is probably the reason I am back on it!) I had great success with what I did. Last Christmas I collected my favorite recipes and made a cookbook out of it. Now it is time to get myself to focus on just that, my self.

I started off my morning with a great breakfast. The hardest part was deciding on which recipe to make. My stomach growled as I read over my choices. I finally chose the Potato Cheese Omelet. It was delicious and I will definitely make it again.

Potato Cheese Omelet
1 serving

  • Take 1 single serving (fist sized) potato. Wash and cut into 1/2 inch cubes. Dice 1/2 small onion and mix with potato.
  • Pour one tablespoon olive oil into a warm skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes and onion and cover. Turn ingredients frequently to prevent sticking. Brown for approximately 5 minutes. Set aside.
  • In a medium sized bowl, whisk four egg whites and one whole egg.
  • Heat omelet pan then spray well with non-stick spray.
  • Pour in beaten egg/whites, then heat over low until eggs begin to stiffen to form omelet.
  • When eggs are nearly finished, add potatoes and sprinkle a tablespoon low-fat cheddar cheese. Fold over the sides of the eggs to form omelet. Cover with a lid and cook for 2 to 3 more minutes to ensure eggs are done.
  • You can also add vegetables like mushrooms or peppers. I added spinach to mine.
This is a great high protein breakfast and is very filling. Serve with a full glass of water.




3 comments: