Thursday, August 13, 2009

Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo

I had been at the pool today so I had worked up quite an appetite. I had been to the store and bought the items I needed earlier this week so all I had to do was pick from one of the recipes I had selected. I have a weakness for pasta and cream sauce, so I chose the Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo . (I also have a weakness for sweets, but we will get into that later.) Another meal today from the Body for Life program, another fantastic meal!

Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo
4 servings

4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed
1/2 package Linguine (8 oz)
1 can (10 oz) Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup 98% Fat free
1 large bunch of broccoli flowerettes
1/2 cup skim milk
1/4 tsp black pepper

Cook linguine according to package directions in a large 3 quart pot. Add the broccoli for the last 5 minutes of cooking time. Drain the pasta and broccoli. Heat-up a skillet and spray with Pam. Add the chicken and cook until browned, stirring often. combine the Cream of Mushroom soup, milk, and pepper in a small bowl. Add the soup mixture and pasta and broccoli to the chicken. Heat through.

Serve with a small sprinkling (1/2 Tbsp) of Low fat or fat free parmesan cheese on top.


Tonight I only had 1-1/2 chicken breasts ready for cooking, so I cut the recipe in half. Even with cutting the recipe in half, I still ended up with 3 small sized servings. I am very happy with the portion sized I had tonight. I do promise to try to start taking pictures of the food.

No comments:

Post a Comment