Thursday, September 8, 2011

Another year

Could it really be another year has come and gone. And if it has, where did it go? I had someone recently point out to me that I haven't posted in a while. I had taken a break from sharing my thoughts with you. This last year has been one full of broken promises and turmoil, but it doesn't stop me from believing. I continue to be let down by people in my life and I still choose to try to see the good in people. I have made new friends and lost old ones. Life still goes on...

Yesterday was a pretty hard day. The 10th anniversary of September 11th, 2001, was filled with tears, chills, and anxiety. Ten years ago, I was 5 months pregnant with my second child and in Pennsylvania getting ready to come back to Virginia. I was a stay-at-home mother, married with a family, and I thought, happy. Ten years later, I am a hard-working single mom, struggling to make ends meet. I don't see my kids enough, I work too hard.

Yesterday was also filled with hope. My girls have grown into wonderful little women. They have such loving hearts and are so giving. I am so proud of who they are becoming. My career has finally started to take off. I have started to focus on doing things that make me happy. I am taking more time for the outdoors and photography. I am working on being creative with crafts and experimenting with baking. I am even toying with the idea of starting a new blog based on some of my other passions, as well as possibly taking on a part-time job for a bit of fun money for travel and other fun things I have been wanting for a while.

I hope to be back on a more regular basis and jotting down my thoughts. Please come back to visit and see what the next year holds...

No comments:

Post a Comment